AddThis Feed Button "Frequently Copied, Never Duplicated"

Thursday, November 19, 2009

Vitamin U Well Known to Herbalists for Decades

I would call this progress but I'd be much happier if Dr. Gary Peltz would have given credit to the long time use of Vitamin U by herbalists and traditional naturopaths for a good hundred years if not more.

I'd also be happier if I knew Peltz wasn't going to try to create a patented DRUG from Vitamin U at his company, SandHill. As my mentor in Oriental Medicine told me many times, they medical people just do not understand how the herbs work.

I was reading about this in the 1950s and it was in my ND education in the 60s-70s. I also taught about it to my students when I had a Natural Healing school.

Ever wonder why sauerkraut and other fermented cabbage products have been used for healing over so many years?


This post is ranked in the top 10 out of 6 Million

MORE ON THE HEALTH BENEFITS OF CABBAGE 1, 2


Common herbal medicine may prevent acetaminophen-related liver damage, says researcher

ScienceDaily (2009-11-18) -- A well-known Eastern medicine supplement may help avoid the most common cause of liver transplantation, according to a new study. The finding came as a surprise to the scientists, who used a number of advanced genetic and genomic techniques in mice to identify a molecular pathway that counters acetaminophen toxicity, which leads to liver failure.

http://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2009/11/091117184535.htm


http://www.leaflady.org/sauerkraut.htm


http://www.leaflady.org/healing_that_gut_feeling.htm


Comment: You know, I've never actually heard of this vitamin... You know, I've never actually heard of this vitamin u before. It's pretty interesting considering I do know a little bit about fermented foods but I didn't know it was all this helpful. This was definitely an interesting article, thanks for the info! (John) 11/20/09

No comments: