AddThis Feed Button "Frequently Copied, Never Duplicated"

Friday, December 26, 2008

Sniff Your Way to Brain Power

This list of essential oils and their benefit for your brain was something I developed over a decade ago for a class I was teaching for Elders and for use in care centers for people who have been diagnosed with Alzheimer's.

I also taught this in the Corporate Wellness Programs that we sponsor; this program was presented first at Boeing. It has been presented to numerous companies since then.

I searched it out from my old files because of the number of reports recently about peppermint. As I always have suggested, using a diffuser of some type is the best method of dispersal, but you can use something as simple as a cotton ball in a small glass votive holder and place it on your desk at work. Periodically add a few drops of your choice of essential oil, changing the cotton ball when you change your oil selection.

I particularly like to use peppermint as it has such a clean smell. I often add it to the natural cleaning products I make because of the antibacterial benefit.

To help sleep, use lavender and set the holder on your bedside table.

Rosemary is particularly helpful for facilities providing dementia care.

Sniff Your Way to Brain Power -
by the leaflady

Rosemary - helps a weak memory and quickens senses

Lemon - wakes you up

Peppermint - improves work efficiency and dispels drowsiness

Lavender - calming and steadying, helps in decision making


Related Articles:
A Pinch of Spice Helps Keep Drivers Alert

Found on Natural Health News
'Old treatments' better
More to consider surrounding flu
More about happy feet
Better than Rx for GERD
Peppermint takes on a Medical Mask
Keep Your Feet Happy

No comments: